I’ve been thinking about what sweet treats I can have at the Valentine’s Day Craft Party I’m having later this month. Last night, I came up with a sweet popcorn treat. It took a bit of trial and error to get the vanilla drizzle just right, but I finally got it.
You will need:
a. Popcorn… I have an air popper, so I used it. I’m sure you could get the same results with a bag of microwave popcorn
b. Vanilla Flavored Almond Bark… I found some at Target.
c. Red food coloring
d. Squeeze Bottle.. I got a package of 2 “Wilton” mini squeeze bottles from Michael’s.
e. Something to lay out your popped popcorn on in order to do the drizzle. I used a cooling rack.
1. First, pop your popcorn
2. Lay your popcorn out on the cooling rack with a paper towel underneath. Try not to pile it on top of each other or space it too far apart. You want to lower your drizzle waste.
3. Melt a small bar of almond bark in the microwave according to the instructions on the package.
4. Mix the red food coloring with the melted bar until you get the color you like.
* Doing this is going to make a paste
5. Melt 3 bars of Almond bark in the microwave according to the instructions.
6. Using a little paste at a time, mix the paste into the melted almond bark. This will allow you to get the bark colored and make a consistency that will squeeze through your squeeze bottle.
7. Pour the colored bark into a squeeze bottle.
8. Drizzle the colored almond bark over your popcorn and wait for it to harden.
Enjoy your sweet treat!